The work works as primary coil of the transformer, while the work piece (which is heated) works as a secondary of the transformer. With this method the heat is produced in steel 50 times faster than heat can be transferred into the metals in the furnace and resulting temperature is more uniform trough out, since higher temperature is used in induction welding.
Non-magneticmaterials are also heated through induction method.
Important Features of the Induction heating
- The heat is control near the surface of the work coil.
- Very high heating rate can be obtained.
- Skilled labours are not required of the operation.
- At working place there is no smoke and dust.
Applications of induction heating
There is some important application of the indication heating.
- Surface harding of steel
- Drying of paints
- Melting of costly materials.