Need an easy-to-use way to design circuits and layout PCBs?
Try EasyEDA: A Powerful Free Circuit, Simulation & PCB Design Tool
Get your 10pcs PCBs Made for Only $9.8, quick delivery, 100% E-test
A maser is a device that produces coherent electromagnetic waves through amplification by stimulated emission. The word MASER stands for Microwave Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation.
When the electrons are emitted from the lower energy band towards the higher energy band by pump input, the population inversion takes place at the higher energy band. Now the electrons fall back towards the lower energy band. At this time they emit the photon's which generates the microwave frequency. The generation of frequency produced by the photons depends upon the gape between the energy bands. In case of maser this gape is created by different methods for example the magnetic flux in case of Ruby Maser.
Uses of MASER
- Maser is used in satellite communication.
- It is also used in air to air communication.
- We use the maser in radio telescope.
- Maser is also used in radar technology.
- Maser is used as an amplifier and oscillator in microwave in those components or equipment where low noise factor is of the most importance.
Types of MASER
There are different types of MASER designed for amplification and oscillation at microwave frequencies in which the following types are widely used.